Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fixed Zen short intro....

Fixed Zen is an idea/concept that I have regarding Zen Buddhism, Taoism and the Single Speed bike. I refer to Single speed to include both direct drive and freewheel Single Speed. When I speak of direct drive exclusively; I will state it as such.

I believe that there are many similarities between the two ideas, and it is here that I want to explore them in a conscious way. I think there’s a play there, but I am able to look at that at a later time….

I want to sit down and write a very coherent, well thought out blog for this purpose. I wouldn’t mind seeing where I am able to take this and how far, how many connections that I am able to make.

These are my original ideas and thoughts put down here in blog form for now. I will obviously pull from Buddhist sources and cycling sources; and when I do, I will site the sources. I’m not a plagiarizer.

Any ideas, thoughts, comments, and criticism is welcomed. I am not a polished author.  This is the first time I’m doing anything like this. Before it has just been random posts and ideas that in some way come together (I think).

I am not going to dive into the western religions. This is for a few reason, that I do not and will not get into here. I will stick to eastern religions as stated above my main focus will be Zen Buddhism and Taoism. I will put in history when needed. I am not here to ‘convert’ you in any way. What will be here under the Fixed Zen headings is, simply, the observations that I have made with Buddhism and riding a Single Speed bike.

So I hope you enjoy the readings…


Amitabha…

No comments:

Post a Comment